This is part 2 of 3.
Image credit: The image is titled Valletta – Archeological Museum, Sleeping Lady. It was produced by Damian Entwistle and is being used under a Creative Commons BY-NC License. (This is among the figures many believe represent a Mother Goddess.)
Oh, you’re not going to like this one! From the book Ancient Religions, we are told that child sacrifice was practiced in Carthage and the Punic culture.
Before I go on, let me say this: I’ve made numerous connections to ritual child sacrifice before, linking it to ancient Canaan, Talmudic Jews and going back to the Old Testament, where Yahweh always demands the sacrifice of firstborn sons, including the son of Pharaoh during the big rumble with Moses, and his own supposed son / sun god Jesus Christ. Child sacrifice was (and may still be) prevalent among the followers of Baal, Molech, probably Dagon, and certainly El / Jah / Yahweh. This practice came from the Phoenicians, most likely, and I have tied in the Phoenicians with the Zionists that are running Israel today. It’s a complicated path to explain, but basically, the Phoenician language could very well be early Hebrew, the chief god was a derivative of Saturn / Chronos, who eats his children, and in ancient Phoenician, the word Israel actually means Saturn. Don’t even get me started on the Star of David / Rephaim / Rephan / Saturn! That’s my take from my personal research.
Let’s shift this over to Malta. In Ancient Religions, there is evidence to support the idea of child sacrifice from stelae with the name of Baal-Hammon, who was associated with child sacrifice in Carthage. Before this deity was worshiped in Carthage, it was worshiped in Phoenicia, and as we’ve seen in the timeline, the Phoenicians took over Malta before 800 BCE, and Carthage took over in 600 BCE. This was the main god for both cultures, and in Carthage, Baal-Hammon was associated with Chronos. There you have it, but if you want more, this one Bible verse should put your doubts to rest:
But Moses said, “It is not right to do so, for we will sacrifice to the LORD our God what is an abomination to the Egyptians. If we sacrifice what is an abomination to the Egyptians before their eyes, will they not then stone us? – Exodus 8:26, case closed
We have further confirmation from the Routledge Dictionary. Baal-Hammon stands for the ‘lord of the censer altars.’ His cult observed child sacrifices from Sicily to North Africa, with Malta being right in the middle of both places. The name Hammon is the same as Ammon, an oasis god, and also an oracle. This fits in with the idea of an oracle being found at the third level of the Hypogeum. To reiterate, the Greeks identified this god with Chronos, and the Romans with Saturnus. In Libya, the African god Gurzil is identified with the Carthaginian Hammon. This was a bull god with two horns, who was a diviner that guided humans through foreknowledge, and was also a sun god that dispelled darkness.
Update: Malta shares a few things with the island of Crete. Although the design of the temples is different, both islands have their temples to the east and near the water. Crete also has temples and caves, and some recovered artifacts are identical, although the cultures were separated by an estimated 2,000 years.
Malta shares its sunny climate with Carmac, France. The structures at Carmac may have been built at around the same time. There is speculation that both cultures practiced sun worship.
Further, certain chapels are orientated toward the equinoxes and solstices. Certain doors frame the full moon at the start of the 19-year Metonic period.
One article states that many religions spoke of an island where the sun god created the world, implying that this place might be Malta. I don’t recall this from my personal research into Mediterranean mythologies, so I’m not sure about that.
Update II: Unverified – In Old Testament times, a group of priests who worshiped Moloch visited the island of Malta. The islanders accepted their teachings, including the rite of human sacrifices. The blood was sacrificed to gods that lived underground, including under Malta. These deities are identified with serpents. (Also see my review in the More Oddities, 1. Scipi Of Melqart section for more on serpents!)
See the Bible’s Acts, chapter 28, for a fable on Paul getting bit by a snake on Melita (Malta) and miraculously having no ill effects. The problem with this story is that there were no snakes on Malta in the 1st Century CE. This is a symbolic story, just like St. George slew the dragon to represent Christianity defeating Celtic paganism, we have Paul wiping out the last of the serpents in Malta. Again, see my entry on the Scipi Of Melqart for more on Europeans versus snakes and dragons.
Update III: In the More Oddities section, I mention skulls that were found in the Hypogeum, along with a statue of the Mother Goddess and a sacred well or oracle. Let me add on to that. It is believed that Malta and Gozo were healing centers and very important places since prehistoric times. Priest would surround their goddess down there, who was associated with healing and serpents. The snake was also associated with the underworld. It makes sense that the Mother Goddess, the oracle and the sacred well were all in the lowest level of the Hypogeum. The priests could be referred to as ‘serpent priests’ and also as part of a ‘water cult.’ A theory is proposed that if the priests had elongated heads, their heads and their drawn features might have given them a snake-like appearance. (I think this is stretching things too far!)
When the Phoenicians arrived, they built temples to Astarte, the snake-faced goddess. Very interesting that the Phoenicians didn’t introduce a new goddess of their own, but basically updated the old Mother Goddess through their culture.
More on serpent religions: Cecrops, the founder of Athens, was ‘born from the soil’ and appeared half human and half serpent.
According to one source, Apollo killed Python the snake and buried it in Delphi. Later, a temple was built on the site, whose famous oracle was the priestess Pythia. In another version, Python was the offspring of Gaia, Mother Earth. He gave revelations through a fissure to a Pythia, or priestess, so that she could answer any question that was put to her. After Apollo slew Python, Apollo took its place as the oracle. In a third account, Pytho was the original name of Delphi, and Python was described as a female serpent-dragon.
- Scipi of Melqart – This is a pair of engraved pillars found by St. John. They are dated to the 2nd Century BCE. The engravings are in Phoenician and Greek and reveal that the gods Melqart and Herakles are the same. The mythology surrounding this find is very interesting. (Melqart was the god of Tyre, identified with Baal. He is a Phoenician deity. Some researchers also equate Melqart with Chronos.)
Inscription: Alexander the Great tried to build a land bridge between two Maltese islands. For some unexplained reason, Herakles ordered that a ship (mistranslation?) be built to stop the islands from wandering off. The islands were fastened together after that. Two wandering rocks floated over the sea. One had a burning olive tree with an eagle perched on top, together with a hunting bow. A snake was entwined around the tree. The producer of this video alludes to Iron Age gods and Bronze Age gods evolving through time, but I’m not so sure.
There is a lot of esoteric symbolism here, from the Roman / German / American eagle, to the Mexican legend of the eagle holding a snake while perched on a cactus, to the Hermetic caduceus / medical symbol, to the Jewish / Roman symbol of the olive tree. I think this has more to do with alchemy and magic than mythology, especially since all of those symbols are in esoteric use today.
The producer also makes a reference to the phoenix, but I’m not seeing any birth / death / rebirth imagery here. If anything, I would lean more toward Gerald Clark’s idea that the eagle and serpent represent rival Annunaki / Sumerian hierarchies, where the eagle is constantly trying to bring down the snake / serpent, as seen in the Bible, and in the conquest of Mesoamerican cultures (the snake / dragon worshipers with deities such as Quetzalcoatl and Kukulkan,) by European empire builders (which again goes back to Rome that later evolved into the British monarchy).
The producer brings up Solomon’s Temple, and that’s where I think he hits the nail on the head. Like I said, this is all about alchemy.
The Scipi may have been created sometime between 3600 and 2400 BCE.
- The Hypogeum Of Hal Saflini – noted for its acoustic properties. I’ve covered this structure in depth in other entries. I found one discrepancy. The video claims the Hypogeum resonates at 110 Hz. In another interview, Jimmy Swagger states it is 432 Hz. It should be emphasized that a male oracle speaking would have his words bouncing all over the place, in such a way that listeners would feel the resonance in their heads and bodies. The Hypogeum could have been active between 4000 and 2500 BCE.
- Phoenician shipwreck – Dates back to 700 BCE. Found off the coast of Gozo. This is the oldest shipwreck ever found in the Mediterranean. Divers have recovered a merchant cargo of over 20 grinding stones and amphorae. The ship is estimated to have been 50 feet long.
- Mysterious Cart Ruts – I covered this in another entry. One new thing I heard was that the tracks sometimes go into water, or directly off cliffs. The latter might be explained by rising sea levels, but I have no idea why the cart tracks would end at sheer drops. Similar tracks have been found in Italy, Greece, Rome, Spain, France and Germany.
- Temple People Of Malta – A list of the advanced cultural achievements, which I gather took place during the Temple Building Period: art, stone buildings, large burial sites and agriculture. Over 30 temple complexes existed on Malta and Gozo. Official sources mention burial rituals and animal sacrifices, but they sweep the child sacrifices that we’ve learned about elsewhere under the rug. Here’s how that goes; if a child died, his bones would be put into a jar. If a child was sacrificed, the bones would be tossed into the pile with the animal bones. I just read this about an hour ago, but I can’t cite the source as I’ve been going through about 400 search hits on my digital library.
The video states that only 15% of religious statues feature the fat, female fertility goddess. The rest are phallic symbols and androgynous figures. This is in contrast to another source that stated most of the religious artifacts featured the big lady.
Agriculture and livestock included: cattle, sheep, goats, barley, wheat, lentils, olives and fruit. When the Muslims were in charge in the 9th Century, they introduced oranges to Malta, along with advanced farming and other improvements.
- College Catacombs – The robo-voice has been pretty shitty throughout this video. The segment talks about findings of human bones. I want you to pay close attention here. The bones came from Roman times, when, quote, ‘many Jews were on the island.’ This is when Malta went from Carthaginian rule over to Roman rule. If you haven’t figured it out by now, people were sacrificing children on Malta, and in another post, I went into detail about how these people can be traced back through Carthage and Phoenicia, and how they can be traced forward through ancient Canaan and the Old Testament. The Jews and most other Canaanite peoples, through their religion’s pantheon, were baby killers and they believed and still believe in that same god or gods today, namely Molech, Baal and El / Yahweh. Remember all those Baal arches that were being set up around the world in 2016? Remember how Molech was mentioned in the Wikileaks Clinton emails? How about Israel’s covert wars in the name of Yahweh? Yahu, as in the name Benjamin Netanyahu, means ‘warriors of Yah.’ Get it?
- Vandalized Megaliths – Structures were designed to align with celestial bodies. What else is new? Interesting that Sept. 21 to Sept. 23 come up as an important period. One of the big doom dates being talked about currently is Sept. 23, 2017. You’ll also note that the solstices are also mentioned, on June 21 and December 21. The winter solstice is the death and rebirth of the sun god, when the shortest day of the year comes and goes. It’s just a coincidence that the traditional birth date for Mithras, oops, I meant Jesus, just happens to be December 24. Or was that Horus? Think about it, sheep.
I’m going to throw this in here, because I keep forgetting it and I have to write it down over and over to ingrain it in my head. It has to do with Egyptian sun mythology. Okay, when the sun is overhead, that’s Ra floating across the sky in his boat. When the sun sets, that’s Set dying. When the sun is in the underworld of death, that’s Osiris the father, and when the sun is reborn in the morning, that’s Horus his son. Just like Easter, huh? The son / sun of God dies, takes a stroll through Hades, and then he pops up again. Who would have thunk there would be so many coincidences like that?
- Temple Of Unknown Fertility Cult – Dated from 3600 to 3400 BCE. This site includes at least 3 C-shaped buildings. Doorways mark off the first day of summer and the summer solstice.
9 – Paleo-Christian Catacombs – Dated back to 300 CE. The images show this site to be in much better shape than the older locations, despite that they were more accessible to later peoples.
10. Temple Of The Giants – Very little information on this site is given. About all I got was that a giantess ran the temple. I wish the narrator would have mentioned the dimensions of this site, to see if Giants could have really fit in there!