This is part of my research into a long article on Ancient Malta. I make some references that will be cleared up when the full article is posted in maybe 3 or 4 days.
This video is narrated by a really crappy robo-voice that makes some of the place names difficult to hear clearly. Also, complex ideas are brought up that you low-attention spanners ain’t gonna like. Go play with your coloring books if you can’t handle it.
YT description: At just 313 square kilometers (121 mi2), Malta is one of the world’s smallest and most densely populated countries. This Mediterranean island is also home to the world’s oldest freestanding structures and enduring mysteries.
Inhabited for over 7,000 years, Malta has been settled by Phoenicians, Greeks, Romans, Byzantines, the Muslim Emirate of Sicily, and Crusaders under the Holy Roman Empire. The history of mysterious Malta is the history of the entire Mediterranean—and beyond.
Subscribe Now: https://goo.gl/qLJdLK
Title: 10 Mysteries Of Ancient Malta (YT link) Uploaded by MiTrust.
Ten Mysteries Of Ancient Malta by MiTrust – (2017) 4 stars
Run time: 43 minutes.
- Scipi of Melqart – This is a pair of engraved pillars found by St. John. They are dated to the 2nd Century BCE. The engravings are in Phoenician and Greek and reveal that the gods Melqart and Herakles are the same. The mythology surrounding this find is very interesting. (Melqart was the god of Tyre, identified with Baal. He is a Phoenician deity. Some researchers also equate Melqart with Kronos.)
Alexander the Great tried to build a land bridge between two Maltese islands. For some unexplained reason, Herakles ordered that a ship (mistranslation?) be built to stop the islands from wandering off. The islands were fastened together after that. Two wandering rocks floated over the sea. One had a burning olive tree with an eagle perched on top, together with a bow. A snake was entwined around the tree. The producer of this video alludes to Iron Age gods and Bronze Age gods evolving through time, but I’m not so sure.
There is a lot of esoteric symbolism here, from the Roman / German / American eagle, to the Mexican legend of the eagle holding a snake while perched on a cactus, to the Hermetic caduceus / medical symbol, to the Jewish / Roman symbol of the olive tree. I think this has more to do with alchemy and magic than mythology, especially since all of those symbols are in esoteric use today.
The producer also makes a reference to the phoenix, but I’m not seeing any birth / death / rebirth imagery here. If anything, I would lean more toward Gerald Clark’s idea that the eagle and serpent represent rival Annunaki / Sumerian hierarchies, where the eagle is constantly trying to bring down the snake / serpent, as seen in the Bible, and in the conquest of Mesoamerican cultures (the snake / dragon worshipers with deities such as Quetzalcoatl and Kukulkan,) by European empire builders (which again goes back to Rome and later evolved into the British monarchy).
The producer brings up Solomon’s Temple, and that’s where I think he hits the nail on the head. Like I said, this is all about alchemy. The Scipi may have been created sometime between 3600 and 2400 BCE.
- The Hypogeum Of Hal Saflini – noted for its acoustic properties. I’ve covered this structure in depth in other entries. I found one discrepancy. The video claims the Hypogeum resonates at 110 Hz. In another interview, Jimmy Swagger states it is 432 Hz. It should be emphasized that a male oracle speaking would have his words bouncing all over the place, in such a way that listeners would feel the resonance in their heads and bodies. The Hypogeum could have been active between 4000 and 2500 BCE.
- Phoenician shipwreck – Dates back to 700 BCE. Found off the coast of Gozo. This is the oldest shipwreck ever found in the Mediterranean. Divers have recovered a merchant cargo of over 20 grinding stones and amphorae. The ship is estimated to have been 50 feet long.
- Mysterious Cart Ruts – I covered this in another entry. One new thing I heard was that the tracks sometimes go into water, or directly off cliffs. The latter might be explained by rising sea levels, but I have no idea why the cart tracks would end at sheer drops. Similar tracks have been found in Italy, Greece, Rome, Spain, France and Germany.
- Temple People Of Malta – A list of the advanced cultural achievements, which I gather took place during the Temple Building Period: art, stone buildings, large burial sites and agriculture. 30 temple complexes existed on Malta and Gozo. Official sources mention burial rituals and animal sacrifices, but they sweep the child sacrifices that we’ve learned about elsewhere under the rug. Here’s how that goes; if a child died, his bones would be put into a jar. If a child was sacrificed, the bones would be tossed into the pile with the animal bones. I just read this about an hour ago, but I can’t cite the source as I’ve been going through about 400 search hits on my digital library.
The video states that only 15% of religious statues feature the fat, female fertility goddess. The rest are phallic symbols and androgynous figures. This is in contrast to another source that stated most of the religious artifacts featured the big lady.
Agriculture and livestock included: cattle, sheep, goats, barley, wheat, lentils, olives and fruit.
- College Catacombs – The robo-voice has been pretty shitty throughout this video. The segment talks about findings of human bones. I want you to pay close attention here. The bones came from Roman times, when, quote, ‘many Jews were on the island.’ This is when Malta went from Carthaginian rule over to Roman rule. If you haven’t figured it out by now, people were sacrificing children on Malta, and in another post, I went into detail about how these people can be traced back through Carthage and Phoenicia, and how they can be traced forward through ancient Canaan and the Old Testament. The Jews and most other Canaanite peoples, through their religion’s pantheon, were baby killers.
- Vandalized Megaliths – Structures were designed to align with celestial bodies. What else is new? Interesting that Sept. 21 and Sept. 23 come up as an important period. One of the big doom dates being talked about currently is Sept. 23, 2017. You’ll note that the solstices are also mentioned, on June 21 and December 21. The winter solstice is the death and rebirth of the sun god, when the shortest day of the year comes and goes. It’s just a coincidence that the traditional birth date for Mithras, oops, I meant Jesus, just happens to be December 24. Or was that Horus? Think about it, sheep.
I’m going to throw this in here, because I keep forgetting it and I have to write it down over and over to ingrain it in my head. It has to do with Egyptian sun mythology. Okay, when the sun is overhead, that’s Ra floating across the sky in his boat. When the sun sets, that’s Set dying. When the sun is in the underworld of death, that’s Osiris the father, and when the sun is reborn in the morning, that’s Horus his son. Just like Easter, huh? The son / sun of God dies, takes a stroll through Hades, and then he pops up again. Who would have thunk there would be so many coincidences like that?
- Temple Of Unknown Fertility Cult – Dated from 3600 to 3400 BCE. This site includes at least 3 C-shaped buildings. Doorways mark off the first day of summer and the summer solstice.
9. Paleo-Christian Catacombs – Dated back to 300 CE. The images show this site to be in much better shape than the older locations, despite that they were more accessible to later peoples.
10. Temple Of The Giants – Very little information on this site is given. About all I got was that a giantess ran the temple.